What’s more, educational research has proven why music matters:
• Students are more likely to behave
• Students in the arts are more cooperative with teachers and peers, more self-confident, and better able to express their ideas.
• Students who can perform complex rhythms can also make faster and more precise corrections in many academic and physical situations. They also plan better for positive daily living.
• Students who study music achieve higher test scores, regardless of socioeconomic background.
• College and university admissions officers continue to cite music participation as an important factor in making admissions decisions. They say music participation demonstrates time management, creativity, expression, and open-mindedness.