- View of the Arabian Sea for the harbor.
- One can see the great “Taj Mahal Hotel” which is next to Gateway of India
- Favourite gathering spot for locals
- Balloon vendors, local food stalls like bhelpuri and photographer
- Elephanta Festival during March where various classical dancers and musicians performs.
The Gateway of India is a one of the main tourist attraction in Mumbai. This monument was built during the British Raj at the tip of Apollo Bunder in South Mumbai and overlooks the Arabian Sea in the Colaba district.
A favorite spot for tourists, nowadays, this monument attracts vendors, food stalls and photographers and hence it is a popular gathering spot for locals. From 2012, “Elephanta Festival of music and dance” is celebrated at Gateway of India due to the increased capacity offered by the venue whereas its earlier location (Elephanta Cave) could host only around 800 people.