Marine Drive and Chowpatty Beach
- Panoramic view of the sunset along the lane of Marine Drive
- Horse and camel rides at chowpatty beach
- Perfect place for Yoga and jogging.
- Children can enjoy merry-go-rounds, ferry wheels, beebee gun shooting galleries on the beach
- People can witness a film or tv shooting or a street play being performed on the beach.
Marine Drive is a 4.3km long lane in South Mumbai. It is a C-shaped six-lane concrete road along the coast, which is a natural bay. It is also known as the Queen’s Necklace because at night if viewed from an elevated point anywhere along the drive, the street lights resemble a string pearls, forming a necklace.
At the northern end of Marine Drive is Chowpatty Beach which is famous for its Bhelpuri. It is one of the most famous beaches in Mumbai. Sunset at the beach is worth watching. Local beach vendors are selling balloons, toys and local dishes such as spicy raw mango, roasted peanuts and Mumbai fast-food (or chaats).