Festivals are the time (and free ticket) to dig in yummy food.
Little cheat from your regular diet is definitely permitted.
Now this recipe, Hara Bhara Kabab is not only yummy & snacky but is immensely healthy too.
It has lots and loads of greens in it!!
Try it and savour with family and friends, guilt free.
This recipe is full of carbohydrates, roughage, vitamins and minerals cooked in healthy fat (Sunny oil).
(Makes 12-14 Kababs)
- Medium size boiled potatoes -3
- Chopped ginger & garlic, each - 2 tsp
- Chopped green chillies -1 tbsp
- Spinach, blanched (dipped & immediately removed from boiling water) -1 cup
- Boiled green peas - 2 cup
- Green bell pepper - 1 cup chopped
- Boiled broccoli - 1/2 cup
- Chopped onion - 1/2 cup
- Fresh coriander & mint leaves - 3/4 cup
- Bread crumbs - 3/4 cup
- Corn flour - 2tbsp
- Oil for frying (Sunny oil)
For Dry Masala
- Cumin seeds – 1 tsp
- Dry red chilli – ½ tsp
- Coriander seeds - 1tbs
- Chat masala - 1tsp
- Garam masala - 1tsp
- Salt to taste
- Boil potatoes and allow them to cool. Peel and grate.
- Boil green peas along with roughly chopped broccoli.
- Blanch spinach leaves in boiling water, then immediately put them in cold water (to retain fresh green color) and squeeze out excess water. Chop it roughly.
- Add oil (I use Sunny oil) in a pan and crackle cumin seeds
- Add coriander seeds
- Add chopped garlic, ginger and green chillies and cook for another 3-4 minutes
- Now add chopped onion, sauté for 4-5 minutes and then add green bell pepper and let it cook for 5to 7 minutes
- Now add green peas, coriander, mint, boiled broccoli and spinach
- Add all dry masala and mix it well
- In a mixing bowl, add the above mixture, boiled & grated potatoes, bread crumbs, chat masala and corn flour
- Divide the mixture into equal portions. Make round flat tikkis.
- Heat a pan and add some sunny oil. Cook the kababs from both sides till golden and crisp outside on a medium flame.
- Serve hot with ketchup, green chutney or spiced yogurt dip.
- Don’t overcook potatoes/broccoli/peas/spinach as it will retain a lot of water and make the mixture gooey
- Just crumble the potatoes roughly, do not mash potatoes too much
- If the mixture turns very sticky and gooey, add some more bread crumbs
- If you want crispy kababs, make sure that no water is left in the boiled veggies before adding it to the mixture