Oats known as “jaei” in Hindi is one of the most talked about cereals now a days. In fact, due to its high nutritional content and health benefitting properties, it is topping the health charts. But apart from the health benefits that it provides, it has numerous benefits for the skin as well.
Let's have a look at some of these benefits and uses.
- Treats Acne : Acne is a skin problem which makes the face look unpleasant. Oatmeal being mild in nature, soaks up excess oil, thereby, effectively controlling acne.
- Removes Suntann and Heals Sunburn : Due to its skin soothing property, oats is very effective in providing relief from suntan and sunburns. Make a smooth paste using 1 cup Quaker oatmeal with milk. Apply it on the affected area, keep it for 15 mins and wash it with water.
- Acts as a moisturiser : Oats has natural moisturizing properties and when mixed with milk or honey can act as a perfect moisturizer for dry skin.
- Natural Cleanser and Toner : Oats contain saponins which act as the natural cleanser. It cleanses the skin and removes dead skin without causing any irritation. You can soak oats in water to get oat milk. Use it in place of cleanser and toner.
- Refreshes the body : Add 1 cup Quaker oatmeal in a bucket of water and bathe with it. It will refresh the body and keep it protected from minor skin infections and itching.
- Treats Eczema : Oatmeal has anti-inflammatory properties which help in treating skin diseases like eczema.
- The cure for Cracked Heels : Mix 3 teaspoon oats with some honey, water, and olive oil. Apply this mixture on the heels and keep it for 30 mins. After 30 mins, scrub it and wash off with water.
- Skin Lightening : Oats are known for its skin lightening effect as well as for improving the skin tone and texture.
- Treating Dryness : Oats contain polysaccharides which when applied on the skin form a protective layer, thereby treating dryness.
- Protecting Skin from Harsh Chemicals : Proteins present in oatmeal maintain the skin's natural barrier and protect it from harsh chemicals.
Hope now apart from your kitchen, oats will also find a place in your beauty regime. Try incorporating oats and experience the amazing things it does to your skin. Be assured that you'll not regret your decision.
Image Courtesy: www.heartbowsmakeup.com