Click here for shortcuts to regional language blogs and city-specific events.
The Yuletide spirit is still in the air and the Christmas cheer is bearing strong in the city. For those who wish to spice up their holidays and view some breathtaking Christmas displays in various areas, here is the list of the most visually festive venues in Hyderabad. Happy Viewing!
1) Breathtaking Christmas at Inorbit Mall, APIIC Software Layout, Mindspace, Madhapur
Hyderabad’s biggest mall is all lit up for the festive season and is a treat to the eyes, be it the 25 feet tall Christmas Tree at the main entrance, to the little Christmas lights in the shapes of candies, trees, etc. all along the parapet of the mall, to the trees outside that are draped with sparkly lights.
An additional event happening at the Mall is the Barbie Comes to Life, that features a huge Barbie cutout at the entrance, pink lights in the mall, a Barbie Secret Door photo stage and makeover counters for little girls to play out their fantasies. The mall festivities have a theme of a “Pink Christmas”.
2) The Stars Shine Down at City Centre Mall, Rd Number 1, Zehra Nagar, Banjara Hills
One of the most popular malls in Hyderabad, this features attractive down lights in the huge central atrium in various sizes of stars and moons. Daily events in the mall including Meet the Santa, dance shows, etc make it a must visit place for your child this Christmas.
3) Incredible Christmas at Forum Sujana Mall, Opposite Malaysian Township, K P H B, Kukatpally
One of the newest malls in Hyderabad, they have gone all out to make Christmas a special affair. The almost four stories high Christmas tree, the giant snowflakes hanging from the ceiling and a Musical Santa Claus in a white winter wonderland set up will ensure a fun watch for every child.
4) Thermocol Glory at The Taj Banjara Hotel, Road No.1, Banjara Hills
This star hotel in Banjara Hills boasts of an incredible Santa on His Sleigh sculpture made entirely of thermocol, an elegant Christmas tree, and a delicious looking Santas Workshop made of cookies.
5) Santa on a Cycle at The Secunderabad Club, Besides Jubilee Bus Station, Picket, Secunderabad
This Christmas at the Club Santa squeezes into his Santa suit and gears up on a bicycle laden with presents of all shapes and sizes for all the “good” kids! Where else would you get a chance to see something like this!
6) Lighting up the Road, The Park Hyatt, Road No.2, Banjara Hills
While it may not be in the exact shape of the evergreen conifer, this quirky Christmas tree on the facade of the hotel lights up the entire road, creating festive thoughts in many minds !
7) Wired Christmas Tree, Neerus, Road Number 36, Venkatagiri, Jubilee Hills
This is a quirky, almost flat Christmas tree made from heavy gauge copper wire and a string of lights. While not as full bodied as its leafy relatives, it gives the tree an edgy, 2-D look which contrasts wonderfully with the conventional display of the store that has mannequins dressed in the Christmas colours of red and white.
8) Woodcutters Christmas Tree, Tommy Hilfiger Showroom, Road No. 2, Banjara Hills
These trees get their inspiration from the Christmas tree in the Central Square of Budapest City that is made of 5000 pieces of firewood. Not a conventional “tree” by any standard, it gives the stores display an edgy look.
9) A different kind of Snowman, The Golkonda Hotel, Opp. JNAFAU, Masab Tank, Banjara Hills
Successfully hosting a Christmas Carnival for the last few years, this year the display of the hotel has an adorable snowman made entirely of paper cups! Also worth noticing is the edible Santa’s workshop made entirely of chocolate.
10) Sweet and Salty Santas Workshop, The Harita Plaza Hotel, Tourism Plaza, Begumpet
Quite an unlikely place to find something “different”, this hotel has broken the stereotype and made an edible Santas workshop with different kinds of biscuits and cookies, both sweet and salty!