Life is wonderful. I have everything for living a cheerful life. But it's a human habit; we always long for more. I have a wish which is related to my husband. He is a tough man, very talkative and discussion believer. He cares for the whole family and he is one of the best humans I have ever met with. However, I want him to play a few more roles in my life other than being a husband.
After getting married, every girl moves with her in-laws and husband, departing from her parents with an undying desire of living with them again. Every married girl misses her mother so much and she desires to get the same love and care which only her mother can give. My mother is 600kms away from me and only talking to her over the phone doesn’t look sufficient when I am missing her like a mountain. That's where I want my husband to take an extra step for me.
I want to my husband to think and act like my mother:
- When I am not well. The cold is making me irritated and headache is causing me to shed tears without any logic. I want my husband to make a cup of ginger tea for me then, just like my mother used to make. I want to him to put that magical ingredient as well in my tea which works better than any medicine of this world, exactly which my mother used to add.
- When I am tensed to an alarming level. Being a working woman, I have to meet, talk, discuss and convince a lot of people in a single day. At times I get tensed because things don't go as I want them to go. Arguments with managers and tight deadlines make me stressed. I want my husband to hold me and give me that solace which my mother used to give me whenever I get strained. I want him to listen to me more than trying to overload me with his lessons.
- When I am crying while watching a movie. I am an emotional person and when I am watching a movie, I start living with it. I connect myself with each character of the movie and that's why I cry when emotional scenes come. I want my husband to comfort me then, just like my mother used to do. My mother always cheered me up in such situations with a joke or my childhood incidents. I wish my husband can do a similar thing to bring my smile back. I don't want to listen to the same sentence repeatedly "You cry so much! Es movie me rone wala kya tha..?"
- When I am down with my menses. Since my childhood, I fight this battle every month when I try to follow my usual routine with pain and discomfort. Some mornings during my periods are worst when I don't feel like getting up, curling inside the top sheet. I want my husband to make his morning tea by his own those days instead of waking me up for making tea. I want him to handle our house for at least two days when I am not full of my spirit because of this natural cleansing of my body. Just like my mother, I want him to say "Aram kro, kam to chalta hi rahta hai.."
- When I am sleep deprived. Taking good sleep is crucial for our body and mind to function well. If I am sleep-needy, I lose my ability to think and work. I feel dizzy and bewildered. I want my husband to understand that I need a good sleep to juggle between office and home every day. I want him to have his dinner little earlier so that I can hit the bed for covering my stretch of sleep. I wish to hear the same line which my mother used to say whenever I slept less during my exams, “Ab so jao, mai hu baki cheejo ke liye..”
- When I am overloaded with household chores. I want my husband to help me in managing my domestic chores when I am not able to hit it alone. I have seen my mother taking charge of the kitchen in birthdays of my cousins so that my aunts can engage guests and other stuff. I have seen her helping my neighbours when they needed an extra hand. And of course,helping is caring, isn’t? I am waiting for the day when my husband will do things for me without me asking to do that, just like my mother who always helped others voluntarily.