It often happens when we feel low seeing the picture-perfect moments of couples on social media. We see couple looking eternally happy, enjoying dates, getting clicked with celebrities and doing sheer romance. We get caught into idealism that unless we have 'that' kind of relationship with our significant other, our love is not grand enough. But we are always wrong in thinking so. The grass on the other side of window always looks green but reality can't be read merely from flawless pictures. Love is not always paradisiac, it is at-times ugly. And believe me, ugly love worth appreciation!
Early on our marriage, I and my husband were thrown into situation where we found our relationship slipping like desert. Those days were neither romantic nor easy for us. As life went further, we experienced tough nearness challenges and road blocks. And those days forced us to be very clear-cut and stony. Our initial "ugly love" made us so real with each other which is not at all like we see in movies or on social media. We didn't romance like new couples, we didn't go on frequent dates and dinners, we didn't post pictures on social media and we didn't try to flatter each other. But 'we were in love' and soon we realized that those few gloomy and back stage moments eventually made us good performers on front site. These moments when we criticized and supported each other, created a strong backbone to strengthen our partnership. Although it was difficult but I don't want to erase those days from my life. They have become part of our love story. From that time, I started looking a silver line behind every ugly moment. And after becoming a parent this chain of embracing ugly love is keep on increasing.
* Ugly love is when you get to know that there is some problem (in you) in conceiving the baby and your husband let you cry in his shoulder. It's because of this ugly news your husband starts caring for you more.
* Ugly love is when you are heavily pregnant with un-easiness and discomfort but your husband makes you feel like the most beautiful woman on the earth. He rubs you back when it hurts, gives you medicines and cares for you like a mother.
* It's again ugly love when you give birth to your baby. You are bedridden having a catheter and drips going in your body. But you don't care about your new born because your husband is always there to help you. He will be putting biscuits in your mouth and at the same time telling you how beautiful you are looking in-spite of being labor exhausted.
* Ugly love is when you baby is not well and you both spend whole night open eyed worrying about her. This ugly night gives you both a chance to master survival modes when you both are tired and frustrated.
* And it's ugly love when your husband loves you the most in-spite of your looks, shape and size. He doesn't care your frizzy hair or sweaty face. It may be an ugly look for you but he never doubts your body even once. He only cares about your soul which remains beautiful no matter how many babies you birth.
Are these really ugly? I don't think so..