Click here for shortcuts to regional language blogs and city-specific events.
I learnt this recipe years ago from my neighbour and over the years added my own variations. Hence the name :-
MY SPECIAL SHAHI PANEER
1. To be boiled together with one cup water:
Shahi paneer 2
2. Paneer 150 gms cut into 1" pieces
3. Onion. 1 grated
4. Red chilly powder. 1/2 Tsp
5. Sugar. 1 Tsp
6. Butter. 1 Tbsp
7. Kasuri Methi. 1 Tbsp
8. Oil. 2 Tsp
9. Fresh cream/ malai. 1 tbsp
Salt to taste
1. Boil tomatoes, carrot, ginger, garlic and onion with one cup water in a pressure cooker to give
Shahi paneer 4
2. When cool, blend in a liquidiser or hand blender. Strain. Add a little water if too thick.
3. Add butter and sugar to the purée and boil till butter melts. Keep aside.
Shahi paneer 6
4. Heat oil in a pan and fry grated onion till light golden.
Shahi paneer 5
5. Add red chilly powder, paneer and kasuri methi and sauté lightly.
6. Pour the tomato purée over this.
7. Add salt and cook till sauce thickens.
8. Decorate with smoothly beaten malai and serve hot with naan/ tandoori roti/ pulao.