Click here for shortcuts to regional language blogs and city-specific events.
8 BASIC FIRST AID ITEMS FOR YOUR KIDS!
1. Antiseptic Liquid Spray The most minor cuts and scratches can lead to serious infection if left untreated. No first aid kit is complete without a bottle of antiseptic liquid spray to treat unexpected wounds.
2. Individually Wrapped Adhesive Dressings It’s always handy to have an assortment of adhesive dressings (such as Band-Aids) in different shapes and sizes in the home. These dressings help to protect your wounds, blisters, rashes or insect bites, and keep nasty infections away.
3. Antiseptic Swabs & Wipes Little ones are prone to a range of wounds, including cuts, scratches and grazes. Ensure that those superficial wounds don’t lead to more serious infection. Stock your home first aid kit with an assortment of antiseptic swabs and wipes, so that you are prepared to treat every possible accident.
4. Pressure Bandage Pressure bandages should always be on hand to treat strained limbs and to reduce swelling in the event of injury. If a member of your family should break or fracture a bone, these bandages can be used as a temporary sling until you receive professional medical treatment.
5. Instant Ice Pack An instant ice pack is a first-aid-kit must. These handy lightweight ice packs give instant relief when you or your kids experience swelling or skin reactions. Ice pack therapy can also offer substantial relief for back pain and inflammation.
6. Stainless Steel Tweezers Tweezers are useful for so much more than plucking your eyebrows. In an emergency situation, tweezers can help remove splinters, gravel, shards of glass or other delicate objects that are lodged in the skin.
7. Nitrile Gloves When treating open wounds and other ailments, it’s important to operate in the most sanitary conditions possible. A pair of nitrile gloves can make the world of difference in minimizing the spread of germs and bacteria, and optimizing the patient’s health outcomes.
8. First Aid Booklet Even if you are informed with basic first aid training, when an emergency actually rolls around it’s common for respondents to lose their nerve and forget basic training. For this reason, ensure that your home first aid kit contains a comprehensive first aid booklet, outlining how to respond to various emergencies and how to correctly use the contents of the first aid supplies on hand. Familiarize yourself with the booklet’s contents so that you understand it properly when you find yourself in a situation where someone’s life depends on it.