Hello folks, We all use Cooking gas for different purpose, here am sharing some safety measures
Sign and Symptoms of Natural Gas Leak:
- Smell – There is sulfur-like, rotten egg odor so you can detect even small amounts of natural gas.
- Sound - Pay attention to hissing, whistling or roaring sounds coming from underground or from a gas appliance
- Higher than normal gas bills.
- Difficulty or irregular breathing.
If you smell gas
- Do not operate any electrical switches, equipment.
- Open all doors and windows for ventilation.
- Ensure that stove knobs are in OFF position
- Do not light a matchstick even to detect the leakage of LPG. Ensure to keep away all items like kerosene, petrol, diesel outside.
- Switch OFF the pressure regulator by turning the knob clockwise to the OFF position.
- If the smell persists, call your HP Gas distributor during office hours. For emergencies after office hours or on holidays please call up your nearest Emergency service cell.
- An experienced person can detach the regulator. Fix the safety cap on the valve.
What are the points to remember about the rubber tubing?
- It must be of approved quality, (ISI mark).
- It should be as short as possible and accessible for inspection. Maximum length should be about 1.5 meters.
- Keep it away from heat and fire.
- Push it so as to cover the full length of the nozzle.
- Make sure it does not get heated by the burner, or is looped / twisted.
- Clean it with wet cloth only. Don't use soap to ease the tube over the nozzle.
- Check for cracks, holes, softness, and porosity especially at the ends.
- Replace gas tube every 2 years if not earlier.
- Do not cover rubber tubing by any other object or sleeve.
Disconnecting the empty cylinder
- Put out all the flames and fires including incense sticks, candle, pooja lamp in the kitchen and adjoining rooms
- Close all the taps on the cooking stove
- Turn the switch knob of the regulator from ON position to OFF position
- Grip the regulator and pull the bush (black plastic locking ring) up and lift the regulator by giving a gentle swivel. Regulator will thus get detached from the valve on the cylinder
- Place the delrin (plastic) safety cap on the valve of the cylinder. Press the cap firmly down until a distinct click is heard. Now the empty cylinder can be removed
Find out in market or from friends the best gas detector, ask the sales person to give demo and start using them as your safety comes first and always.
Safe Family Happy Family