Click here for shortcuts to regional language blogs and city-specific events.
Valentines day is about Love.
The first recorded association of Valentine's Day with romantic love was in the 14th century in England and France, where it was believed that February 14 was the day on which birds paired off to mate.
It became common during that era for lovers to exchange notes on Valentine's Day and to call each other their "Valentines." The first Valentine card was sent by Charles, duke of Orleans, to his wife in 1415 when he was a prisoner in the Tower of London. Valentine's Day love notes were often given anonymously. By the 1700s, verses like "Roses are red, violets are blue" became popular. By the 1850s, romantics in France began embellishing their valentine cards with gilt paper, ribbons and lace.
But having said this,Love is being spread everywhere. Kids are making cards for their friends, teachers, grand parents, parents, etc spreading love in which ever way possible. Isnt this cute, isnt this what love actually is, pure and selfless?
But for the actual couples out there,
A few unique things to do on valentines day to impress him/her
1. Incase you work on a Sunday, take an unscheduled off from work and have lunch together or go out for coffee, ice cream or just anything she/he may like.
2. After office go out for a movie followed by dinner
3. Go out for dinner to a nice cozy restaurant
4. Order food from outside and have a cozy evening at home
5. A surprise party with other friends and family (if that's what your partner enjoys)
6. If not married then a nice gift would be a date to get married
7. If not engaged then a surprise engagement.
Other than ordinary flowers you can read below some unique gift ideas:
1. A special cell phone
2. A piece of jewelery
3. A hand written note about your feelings
4. A holiday ticket
5. A goody bag filled with all the gifts she/he wanted over the year
6. Re-uniting her/him to a long lost friend/relative
I will be spreading love to the underprivileged kids, who know its a day to celebrate but dont know why. So, whats the harm in spreading love on Love's special day.
If you wish to send some chocolates, cakes, candies, gifts for these innocent 25 kids please feel free to call me on 9811075162.
HAPPY VALENTINES DAY TO YOU ALL!