Click here for shortcuts to regional language blogs and city-specific events.
EFFECTIVE MEASURES TO COMBAT THE DEADLY FLU – SWINE FLU (H1N1 FLU)
The swine flu has raised its hood once again to scare us and haunt us. Panic struck we are as the death toll is rising every day. The demand of vaccines has rendered it unavailable such is the scare.
Let’s see the simple measures that can help you and your family to prevent and protect yourself from the swine flu.
Swine flu generally presents like any other flu with similar symptoms of respiratory complaints like cough cold, accompanied with high fever, bodyache, malaise, diarrhoea and vomiting.
Tips to protect yourself and others from this deadly virus ( WHO recommended):
2) Dispose the used tissues properly and immediately after use.
3) Regularly wash your hands with Soap and Water. If this is not possible use hand sanitizers. Always keep one with you.
4) Clean your nose regularly.
5) If you have flu like symptoms seek medical advice immediately.
6) If you have flu like symptoms keep a distance of 1 meter from other people.
7) If you have flu like symptoms stay home. Avoid crowded places, school, work, malls, cinema halls etc
8) Avoid hugging, kissing and shaking hands.
9) Avoid touching eyes, nose or mouth with unwashed hands.
10) If unwell rest till you recover. Hydrate well and have immune boosting foods.
Homeopathy and swine flu:
Homeopathy helps build immunity. There are certain homeopathic medicines that are capable of preventing swine flu. Do not self-medicate. Seek your homeopaths advice before taking medicine. Central Council of Research in Homeopathy had conducted a research and found that ARS ALB 30 was effective in preventing swine flu. Homeopathy is a safe gentle and effective mode of treatment.
Natural remedies and swine flu:
1)Boil a few Tulsi leaves, Adulsa leaves, 2 to 3 Cloves, 2 to 3 Black pepper and Ajwain. Once boiled add Cinnamon powder and Ginger juice to it. Allow it to cool and drink 2 to 3 times in a day.
2)Make potlis of Camphor and Cardamom and smell. Helps keep your air passage open.
3)Take steam inhalation add ajwain to the water. This clears the air passages.
4) Mix honey 1 tsp with a pinch of turmeric and 2 to 3 drops of ginger juice or add dry ginger powder just a pinch mix and have it at least twice a day.
5)Vitamin C helps keep flu at bay have more foods with vitamin C.
Now for Vaccinations.
Not all of us require the vaccine. The efficacy of the vaccine is not 100% it is roughly about 85 %. It takes about 2 weeks for the vaccine to start showing its effect.
Vaccine is advisable for kids between 6 months to 5 years of age, Elderly people, those who have low Immunity, pregnant females, those who are suffering from asthma, diabetes, hypertension and other chronic ailments and those who work with the sick i.e. Health care providers.
Vaccine is a MUST if:
1)There is a chance of being exposed to someone who may have the disease.
2)Anybody living in the neighbourhood has symptoms suggestive of swine flu.
Simple hygiene measures, Homeopathy and Natural medicines can help you combat this deadly flu virus.