So from experience of my own two pregnancies, I would like to pick up a topic that certaintly is uncomfortable for most of us but yet VERY important to talk about and to be taken care of!!
Yes, I would be talking about down there and how to take care of it post partum 😊.
You are sore, in pain, bleeding, cramping, engorged breast and that AWFUL HEMORRHOIDS, that is there to kill you. You feel like you are delivering baby everyday and yet, very few of us talk about it openly. Let alone discuss on how to take care of it.
Whether you had or going to have C-Section or natural delivery, amidst of everything that is going to drive you crazy post birth, please make sure that hemorrhoids or fissure is not one of them.
The very first step to avoid this naturally is to
- Drink Prune juice with every meal. Its life Saver and it is high in Fibre, Iron n Pottasium. The nutrients found in prunes may also help control obesity, diabetes, and other cardiovascular diseases.
- Alternatives are Probiotic yogurts
- Whole grains like Oats helps to avoid hard stool (Helps with milk production too so its WIN WIN!!)
- Drink 8 Glasses of liquid daily no matter what (Water, Milk or Fresh Juice Combination). Keep a big water jar near your bed side table. Water helps in flushing toxins and keeping things smooth. It also helps in milk production. The more you drink more you produce liquid gold.
- Lentils and Black bean (take in little amount as these can make you gassy but they are high in fiber)
- Fresh berries and lot of fruits (Avoid cold inducing fruits)
- Hazel Witch pads or Hot/ Cold packs help.
- Start having Laxatives and Stool Softners. There is no shame in having them.
- Keep yourself active (I know its difficult but thats first thing doctor will tell post surgery, WALK WALK N WALK to avoid gas built up) but don't overdo it
Enjoy your Post Partum days with baby and avoid all unnecessary hindrances!