Click here for shortcuts to regional language blogs and city-specific events.
It is so magical when you join the dots in retrospect and wonder how many times Cupid was trying to strike you with its arrow.
Even way before I met my husband officially , I had been noticing him around my college premises for various reasons.
The five scenarios I clearly remember were :
- Who is this 'huge guy' jumping around in the 'youth for equality' strike! - yes the milestone movement of doctors against reservations.
- Who is this 'huge guy' making a ruckus in the annual college fest Antakshari! -let me put it this way , he was the most embarrassing guy on stage.
- Who is this 'huge guy' blocking the view of the black board! - he was a front seater and I as usual preferred the back bench !
- Who is this 'huge guy' messaging me on Orkut - 'Are you MB from LHMC?' -and when I asked , was I that famous. He said no , only notorious people are famous !
- Who is this 'huge guy' staring at me in CCD! - not the stalker kind of a stare, just the friendly peek-a-boo!
And finally this 'huge guy' approached me in person and swept me off my feet .
Sometimes you meet someone when you least expect it . I had literally come to a conclusion that ' Alpha females have to settle for Beta Males ' (yes , I kind of still believe I am an Alpha female) and that God cannot do as good a job as He has done on me , but my Bae did turn out to be a pleasant surprise!
For me marriage was not the obvious next step. I had decided that I will tie the knot only when I find someone worth adjusting for , because this holy bond of matrimony is a labour of love !
We already have enough mediocrity in society , let not love be one of them !
This is how Cupid struck me . How did you meet your soulmate - do tell me your story !