Click here for shortcuts to regional language blogs and city-specific events.
From my childhood, I loved pink color! Anything in pink used to make me fall in love with that and in turn used to fascinate me! After marriage, I had got two pink lines in one of medical test, that made me fall in love once again! I am PREGNANT!
Such a wonderful news, for me n hubby! Our joy knew no bounds! Eagerly we came back home, shared this news with both our parents and they were extremely happy and excited!
Trust me the moment relatives,friends or any outsider got to know this news started sharing their experiences,ideology or rules, which says "Eat this" or "Don't Eat that:"! It's quiet confusing and disturbing for the mom's to be!
The simple funda to enjoy the pregnancy time is to eat well-balanced meals at any point of time.There are essential nutrients, vitamins, and minerals that your developing baby needs. Most foods are safe; however, there are some foods that you should avoid during pregnancy.
Pregnancy is one of the beautiful phrases in a woman’s life. It’s not just your body that will change, but the way you think and feel about yourself, your priorities, your attitude, your lifestyle…well, everything is about to change. Be ready to accept the change and make sure that we follow for ourselves or most importantly our kids.
Few people have lots of craving during pregnancy time, and it's quite a normal thing. You can enjoy eating anything you desire. It is best for you to seek only expert advice, as they are the better sources to confirm you what you need to add or minus from your regular diet.
Because pregnancy affects your immune system, you and your unborn baby are more susceptible to the bacteria, viruses, and food borne illness.
If you’re worried about your diet, talk to your doctor to find out exactly what foods you can or cannot eat. In the meantime, you should definitely avoid eating the following foods which have been proven to be the most dangerous when it comes to pregnancy.
If you don’t cut anything else out of your diet during your pregnancy, make sure you remove the following foods:
1) Avoid Raw or Uncooked Eggs,Under cooked meat and poultry - Avoid having raw or uncooked eggs! The one and only way of having safe eggs is that – Eggs should be cooked until the yolks are firm. Avoid to eat anything which is under cooked meat or poultry which is not safe.
2) Avoid Canned Foods/Juices - Opt for fresh vegetables, fruits and fish. Fresh is always better! Go for seasonal choices, to ensure maximum nutrients and minimum expense.
3) Avoid Street Foods and oily food - Do you crave for those spicy, sour treats sold at roadside stalls? Cravings are good during pregnancy; just make sure your cravings are met with high quality standards. Avoid unhygienic street food during pregnancy since it may give you an upset stomach.
If you like street food, find recipes of these foods online and make them at home! It will be a fun activity and safe eating option.
4) Milk does provide you with calcium, proteins and minerals.Therefore, avoid all sorts of dairy products that are not pasteurized. Always drink fresh and boiled milk.Unpasteurized Dairy Products should be avoided.
5) Always make a point to thoroughly wash vegetables and fruits and then consume! Avoid Unwashed Fruits and Vegetables.
6) Excessive Caffeine related products are not recommended for pregnant women,do avoid as much as possible.
7) Raw Doughts/Homemade Goodies, anything which is raw is highly recommended to avoid during this phase.
9) Leftovers are to be in the list of avoiding, anything freshly cooked is very much recommended.
10) Certain Fish with high mercury level must be avoided.
11) Avoid Fruits like Pineapple and Unripe papaya. Grapes, peaches & plums should also be consumed in limited quantities.
12) Avoid Alcohol completely.
I had thoroughly enjoyed my pregnancy period, became a mom of 5 Yr Old Kid, who has my favourite pinky cheeks,lips,hands,toes,fingers!
Last but not the least, Pregnancy is a delicate matter. Consult your gync to enjoy the best period during pregnancy!
Happy Pregnancy Zone!