It is important for one to take charge of your health and set realistic goals that are sustainable. If you are wondering how to lose weight fast, set a realistic goal that you can achieve in the months to come, without feeling stressed or pressurized. To lose weight in a healthy way, set your sights on losing about 1 kilogram of weight a week; anymore and you'll be losing not just your fat but your muscle as well. Don't forget that a healthy diet and plenty of exercise will make you feel less tired and less stressed too.
When it comes to losing weight; tried-and-true strategies work, period. Follow them all, and you could shave off good amount of calories from your body.
Here are the simple weight loss tips that work:
- Increase The Consumption Of Fruits And Vegetables - You should eat at least five portions of fruits and vegetables each day. Fruits are extremely beneficial when consumed on an empty stomach. Therefore, starting your day with fruits is a healthy option. Do not have fruits immediately after any meal.
- Limit The Intake Of Stimulants - Restrict the intake of stimulants such as caffeine, alcohol, and refined sugar. Caffeine is harmful when taken on an empty stomach. Hence, avoid bed tea or coffee. It is advisable to have tea or coffee with meals
- Do Not Skip Breakfast - Breakfast is the most important meal of the day. In fact, it is recommended to have something for breakfast that generates energy slowly, such as a bowl of porridge or a cup of low-fat yogurt (dahi).
- Drink Plenty Of Water - Water aids digestion and also acts as a detoxifying agent. Hence, it is recommended to drink at least eight glasses of water every day. Moreover, drinking plenty of water keeps your skin healthy.Water is a zero calorie drink with low sodium. It also helps flush out the toxic build-up inside the body and excess water weight and jump-starts metabolism. If you find plain water boring, you can squeeze a lemon and honey or even drink tender coconut water which will also help restore the electrolyte balance in the body.
- Have Smaller Gaps Between - The Meals Avoid long gaps between your meals because the food you eat gets converted into fat instead of being used for energy. It is not recommended to have a gap of more than three hours in between your meals.
- Do Not Starve - Allowing your body to starve is not a healthy option as it has its adverse effects. Eat well to fulfil your nutritional needs.
- Have Your Last Meal Early - You should have the last meal at least two hours before going to bed.
- Go For Low-fat Dairy Products - Keeping a watch on your caloric intake is extremely crucial in any diet plan. So the best way is to go for low-fat dairy products. Nestlé has introduced a new range of low-fat dairy products – NESTLÉ a+ Slim Milk and Slim Dahi. The Slim Milk contains less than 0.2% fat and contains the same goodness of regular milk. The Slim Dahi is made with all the goodness of natural Dahi, it is even healthier and better - it is low fat and every 200g serving provides more than 40%^ of your daily Calcium needs.
- Sleep well - Sleep replenishes, rejuvenates, restores. A study in the American journal of clinical nutrition found that when people were starved of sleep, late night snacking increased and they were more likely to crave high-carb foods. In sufficient sleep impacts your hunger and fullness hormones, ghrelin and leptin. Then there is cortisol, the stress hormone that spikes when you get too little sleep. Thus, it is essential that you schedule at least 7-8 hours of deep restful sleep per night.
- Eat Healthy Snacks - Replace the processed or fried foods with healthy snacks such as fresh or dried fruits, low-fat yogurts, whole grain cereals and rice cakes.