I think one blog is not enough to cover all the gardens in Pune and I couldn’t stop myself from writing the next one. As I said Pune is blessed with wonderful gardens and here is the list of few more garden’s in Pune
- Nanasaheb Peshave Udyan: Modeled on the Peshave udyan in the city, this place also has a train ride with a small tunnel. A large statue of lord Vithhal and a huge Indian flag welcomes you to this place! It is divided in three parts. The train area which also has jumping jack for kids in the evening and also a horse ride. A small garden which has a seating area and a separate children’s play area .The third and the most important part is the Nanasaheb Peshwa lake which was earlier used to supply water to Shaniwarwada J.This now has a huge status of Shivaji Maharaj and it’s a wonderful site to see it at night when the lights light up the statue and the lake. I have heard there is a laser show too in the evening from 7.30 to 8.00 however I never got a chance to witness one!
Timings: Not known
Tickets: Adults: None for the park.
- Seven Wonders Park: Seven wonders of the world come down in one park! Here is where you should be heading to watch the wonders of the world. They also have nice information written about each wonder. Apart from this the other attraction at the park is the 4D laser show. There are long queues in the summer vacations for this show.
Timings: 06:00 AM to 09:00 AM, 04:00 PM to 08:00 PM
Tickets: Adults:Rs 20
- Tathawade Udyan: Named after Major Tathawade who laid down his life fighting militants in Poonch district of Jammu in June 2000, this park is a gem in the city. Another attraction at the garden is a Pakistani tank from the Indo-Pak war of 1971. Blessed with lush green lawns, a cluster of trees and comfortable sitting arrangements, the park is a haven for meditation, especially for the senior citizens. It also has a small pond with a variety of small fish. Kids also have a small play area here!
Location: Karve Nagar
Timings: 7 AM to 8PM
Tickets: Adults: None for the park.
- Veer Savarkar Udyan: A Japanese garden has been developed on the open land, a waterfall, a small lake, seating arrangements for senior citizens and a temple too-Veer Savarkar Udyan has it all. Breathe some fresh air as you walk in the garden with birds chirping all around
There is one wonderful play area for kids which has all the toys.
Timings: 7–10AM, 5–8PM
Tickets: Adults: Not Known
- Dinosaur Park: The big circular fountain welcomes the visitors as you enter the park. And then you get intimidated with the life-like dinosaur which is 40-Feet tall. The striking water bodies and gorgeous bridges over them soothe you! Well-manicured gardens, bamboo plantations and flower beds in vivid hues add to the appeal of the garden! The park has wonderful slides and swings for the kids to enjoy
Location: Pimple Gurav
Timings: Not Known
Tickets: Adults:Rs 10,Children: Rs 5
- Sensory Garden: The 6000-sq-ft garden, called the Rotary Sensory Garden is housed in Bal Kalyan Sanstha. It is developed specially to help kids with disabilities to learn while playing. It contains a tactile flooring, a sand pit, mini pond, sound instruments, including drums and bells, a tactile panel wall, 66 varieties of plants, etc. Sensory gardens improve fine and gross motor skills of the children, encourage communication, stimulate sensory awareness and promote hands-on and multi-sensory learning.
Timings: Need to take prior permission from the Sanstha for entry in the garden and need to plan in a group
Tickets: Not known
There is no dearth of gardens in Pune and even if you plan to visit 1 per weekend, your program is set for more than 3 months.
Have you visited these gardens? Which one is your favorite? Do tell us!