Mommyhood has to be one of life’s most unique and fulfilling experiences. The emotional roller-coaster one goes through is incredible. The journey is life-long and the ride is fun. Life transforms.You truly know you are a mom if.....
- You are craving for "me" time but the moment you are alone you keep thinking about your child.
- Anytime you hear a child say “Mumma”, you look up, even though your child is nowhere near you.You hear a baby cry in the store and instantly start rocking your own shopping cart.
- Going to run errands "alone" feels like a vacation and a trip to the grocery store is your idea of a spontaneous getaway.
- You can experience heaven and hell at the same time when your child says his first word while pouring a jar of honey all over himself.
- Your new definition of “Happy hours” is the couple of hours you get between your kids going to bed and you going to bed.
- You think of physical pain on three levels: pain, extreme pain and stepping on a Lego piece.
- You have the ability to hear a sneeze through closed doors in the middle of the night, two bedrooms away, while your husband continues to snore next to you.
- A 15-minute shower with the door locked feels like a day at the spa.
- After a lifetime of checking only yourself in all photographs, now you actually check out your kid first.
- Peeing with an audience is part of the daily routine and you have at least onceused the restroom with your kid in your lap.
- It takes longer to get everyone out of the house than to do the actual errand.
- You talk to your husband about burps and poop over dinner
- You subconsciously hum nursery rhymes even when your children are not around.You find yourself alone in the kitchen, softly singing “Old MacDonald” as you do the cooking.
- You can cook dinner, play with the kids and talk on the phone, all without breaking stride or missing any of the TV show you are watching.
- You read that the average-five-year old asks 500 questions a day and feel proud that your kid is "above average."
- You address your own friends as their child's mom instead of by name for example Neha has now become Kiara’s mom.
- Amazon shows "recommended for you" products as diapers and toys not your clothes and handbags.
- Your google search history is totally baby related like "is it normal when your baby does...."
- While talking to adults you spell out some words so that your child does not hear them especially Ice creams and chocolates.
- You now understand why mama bear’s porridge got cold since you have yourself forgotten the taste of a hot meal.
- You use baby wipes to clean EVERYTHING.
- You believe kisses have magical healing powers.
- You make up songs for everythingto entertain your little one.
- You have mastered the art of sleeping in any position, in any space.
I find myself saying at least once a day "I'm not cut out for this job," but I know I wouldn't trade it for anything else. As it is said, being a mother is not about what you give up to have a child but what you have gained from having one.
I am sure all moms out there have a list like this. Do share yours in the comments section below. Follow me on mycity4kids and check out my other hilarious mommy blogs -Funny things people say to new moms, Funny things people say to pregnant women and What my toddler would have to say.